At Washington Eye Institute, we believe our community and patients are the best! For this reason, we’ve made an exciting decision to include all of you in our campaign for a new practice logo! We would love for you to share this contest with anyone who you feel may be interested, the more the merrier!
Here’s your chance to dazzle the community with your unique creativity! All art must be high resolution digital illustrations. Preferably a vector file such as a .AI or an EPS file so that the image can be resized to fit any and all of the business advertising needs. However, Washington Eye Institute will consider other files; such as high resolution jpg (300 dpi on 8x10), tif, and png (as long as these files can be vectorized and used for the needs of Washington Eye Institute). Your creativity knows no bounds. We want an image that speaks to our community of who we are and what we do but it can be as simple or as intricate as you want! Low resolution images may be originally submitted but the winning designer must be able to submit a high quality, resizable digital file.
Washington Eye Institute is a multi-specialty Ophthalmic private practice. We’ve recently moved our practice to Greenbelt, Maryland however we regularly see patients in Cumberland, Maryland and our patients are from all over the tristate area.
The chosen design will be our new practice logo for Washington Eye Institute and the artist will receive a cash prize as well as a swag bag including items showcasing the winning artist’s design! We look forward to seeing all of your artwork!
Please take a moment to look over the rules and regulations.
All entries will be reviewed to ensure they fit the rules and regulations. A combination of voting by staff and a panel of guest judges determines the Top Finalist designs, which will determine the Grand Prize Winner and Runner-Up Winner. Our staff may also select extra favorites called Staff Picks.
All entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through Instagram DM by midnight on November 1, 2020. This date is subject to change. Our goal is to have a new logo in print by January 1, 2021. Prizes will be awarded by February 15, 2021.
1. Artwork: All entries must be original. No stock photography or copyrighted images may be used or duplicated without an unlimited use license purchased and provided by the designer.
2. Judging: All entries will be reviewed by Washington Eye Institute personnel and guest judges. Judging is based on a variety of factors, including creativity, style, expression and the ability for the design to be successfully used as a logo. Though not the sole factor for determining winning designs, visitors to washingtoneyeinstitute.com and Washington Eye Institute Facebook and Instagram pages can help improve the chances for their favorite designs by sharing and voting.
3. Eligibility: Washington Eye Institute reserves the right to extend the contest end date as well as gift dates based on the number of eligible designs submitted to allow for more entries, if necessary. All contest entries must have a valid name, age (with written parental or legal guardian permission when applicable), address, phone number and email address in order to be eligible.
4. Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable and may not be substituted or redeemed for cash. All taxes and other expenses not expressly specified herein as part of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
5. Notification: Contest start and end dates will be posted for the contest on the general information page at washingtoneyeinstitute.com as well as Washington Eye Institute’s Facebook and Instagram pages. The contest period may be extended at the sole discretion of Washington Eye Institute. Winners of the contest will be notified by email. Upon notification and before the award is granted, finalists will be required, at their own expense, to submit original artwork to Washington Eye Institute.
6. Acknowledgment: All Artwork submissions become the property of Washington Eye Institute, during the duration of the Contest, and may be reproduced by Washington Eye Institute and in any and all media now known or hereafter developed for commercial and non-commercial purposes alike. By submitting Artwork, entrant: (i) certifies that s/he created the submission and has the right to provide it to Washington Eye Institute; and (ii) agrees to indemnify Washington Eye Institute from and against any claims, actions, suits and all related liabilities, damages and expenses incurred by Washington Eye Institute arising out of or relating to any alleged infringement of any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of any third party. Each entrant hereby grants Washington Eye Institute a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, worldwide license to his/her Artwork submitted in connection with the Contest. Artwork not chosen for the Washington Eye Institute logo may be returned to the entrant; the artist retains the rights to his/her original artwork not featured as the Washington Eye Institute logo after the Logo Contest has officially ended.
7. Age: Must be 18 years old to submit an entry or have obtained a parent's or legal guardian's prior permission. Minors who enter must have the written consent of a parent or legal guardian in order to be eligible to receive any prizes and this must be submitted with the artwork.
8. Eliminations: Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest.
9. Internet and Disclaimer: Washington Eye Institute is not responsible for any malfunction or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed entries or votes due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Contest Site, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit Entrant's/consumer's ability to participate/vote respectively. Washington Eye Institute is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, which might prevent entrant from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this contest. Washington Eye Institute reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this contest in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Washington Eye Institute reserves the right to terminate that entrant's eligibility to participate in the contest.